Begun in the early 1860's, Reeder's Alley was carefully constructed of native materials and brick, brought to the new mining camp from Fort Benton to the north.
The need for lodging in the new camp called Last Chance prompted Lewis Reeder to begin a series of small buildings at the extreme west end of what was known as 'Bridge Street.' As demand for lodging increased so did the size of the Alley. For nearly twenty years, Reeder continued to expand his hostelry. A series of devastating fires brought the demise of 'Bridge Street,' but the Alley was spared each time.
Today, Reeder's Alley is a restored miner's village consisting of office rentals and
Karmadillos Southwestern Cafe
Old Miners Dining Club at the Caretakers Cabin
Reeder's Alley Interpretive and Convention Center
Dundee Barber Shop
Amy Swanson & Mary Gillettte Massage Therapy
Pioneer Cabin, a restored and furnished miner's cabin