Southwest Montana could easily be compared to a Norman Rockwell image of a small community in the Spirit of the Season. Children at play, artisans selling their hand produced wares, local entertainers sharpening their thespian chops, the smells of roast beef and sweet confections loft through the crisp December air. Through all of this you hear the soft foot falls of horse-drawn hayride, and the smell of freshly cut Christmas trees.
Check out the events happening across the region!
“Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your nose, yuletide carols being sung by the choir, and folks dressed up like Eskimos.” – The Christmas Song
Each of our communities will host a unique Christmas Stroll, all of which promise to be a good time for all ages! Depending on the community, there will be tree lighting ceremonies, hay rides, hot cocoa, vendors, live music, and you might even catch a glimpse of Santa!
- November 29 – Anaconda Christmas Stroll and Tree Lighting
- November 29 – Helena Parade of Lights
- December 6 – 29th Annual Uptown Stroll in Butte
- December 6 – Deer Lodge Christmas Stroll & Parade
- December 6 – Dillon Christmas Stroll
- December 6 – Ennis Spirit of Christmas Stroll
- December 7 – Townsend Christmas Stroll
- December 7 – Whitehall Christmas Stroll
- December 13 – Philipsburg Yule Night
- December 13 – Sheridan Christmas Stroll
Craft Fairs / Bazaars
The Holiday Bazaars and Craft Fairs scheduled to take place across the region are the perfect way to kick-off your holiday shopping. These events will feature one-of-a-kind gifts (unique jewelry, hand-blown glass, paintings, scarves, hats, functional ceramics, cards, ornaments, and more! The entire experience is the result of our local craftspeople coming together to celebrate the holiday season. We promise a showcase of unique Montana made gifts.
- November 16 – Boulder Holiday Christmas Bazaar
- November 23-24 – Helena HandMade Fair
- November 24 – Winter Bazaar in Butte
- November 30 – Ennis Holiday Bazaar
- November 29 – Kick Off to HoHo Holter Holiday Sale and Ugly Sweater Party
Other Community Events
The holiday events don’t stop with craft fairs and Christmas Strolls – check out the additional holiday events happening throughout Southwest Montana. The holidays provide the perfect excuse to bring the entire community together. Join us for festivals, hands on crafting, live performances, and living history!