The Historic Canton Church is Montana's seventh church built in 1875-1876. The historic church was originally built as a community center for the town of Canton, Mt. In 1952 the town was lost to the flooding of the valley to create Canyon Ferry Lake.
The Bureau of Reclamation moved the historic church to its current location 2 miles east of the town of Canton. In the 1980s the church was abandoned by the Catholic Church. In the 1990's Canton Church Restoration Inc. was formed to restore and preserve the historic building.
The Historic Canton Church now hosts six FREE events every summer including musical performances and history lectures.
In 2020 the events will be held on June 12, June 26, July 10, July 24, August 14 and August 28. All events start at 5:00 - but the Church is open for viewing at 3:00 on the dates of the events.
oin us in celebrating Montana's history by attending our free events!